Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Part 1/2 : 23

Ive grown to like this song over the years. More and more. Even more special since this year, ill be 23... It has a wonderful orchestral buildup. Take your time to read and listen to the whole song. Close your eyes, plug in your headphones and listen, let it drift you away and engulf in the melody..Ill write some of my own thoughts and words throughout the song as well as the original lyrics when he sings:

Intro music(no singing part):

Dreaming, flying, holding on.
Swimming in my thoughts.
Over the raw tide of emotions
Coming of age
Coming of wisdom
As things around become clearer
I see you
I see you
Only you

It was so real, barely out of grasp
Your sweetest scent. The sweetest escape
A temporary high, but now it leaves me on the ground
Holding to its hurt
Scrambling in desperation
Or is it desolation
I force my eyes shut; these troubled windows
Drawing the blinds for the blinded
I hope nothing leaks through them
It does in the end
drowning
gasping
A sound only echoes in silence

An empty room
It reminds me of its constant presence
A mirror?
Or just a looking glass
Perhaps it was just a passing figure
A reflection that was just a play
On the eyes its burden now gone
Drifting...

Singing Part:

I have felt for sure last night
That once we said goodbye
No one else will know these lonely dreams
No one else will know that part of me

Im still driving away
And im sorry everyday
I won't always love these selfish things
I won't always live not stopping

It was my time to decide
I knew this was our time
No one else will have me like you do
No one else will have me only you


You'll sit alone forever if you wait for the right time. What are you hoping for?
Im here, Im now, Im ready. Holding on tight. Dont give away the end.
The one thing that stays mine.


Amazing still it seems
Ill be 23
I won't always love what Ill never have
I won't always live in my regrets


You'll sit alone forever if you wait for the right time. What are you hoping for?
Im here, Im now, Im ready. Holding on tight. Dont give away the end.
The one thing that stays mine.

------

No comments: